Doors open at 6:00am, instruction begins at 6:30am.
Monday: 6:30am – 11:00am; 4:30pm – 6:45pm
Tuesday: 6:30am – 11:00am; 4:30pm – 6:45pm
Wednesday: 6:30am – 11:00am; 4:30pm – 6:45pm
Thursday: 6:30am – 11:00am; 4:30pm – 6:45pm
Friday: 6:30am – 11:00am
Saturday: 8:30am – 10:45am
If you have questions regarding Mysore, please contact email@example.com.
Self-Practice is what yoga is all about. For thousands of years Yoga, has been taught from teacher to student on a one-to-one basis taking a student through his or her own development at an appropriate pace. The father of Ashtanga yoga, the late Sri Krishna Pattabhi Jois, taught classes in Mysore, India for many decades, hence the name ‘Mysore-style’. In Mysore-style classes, each student practices the Ashtanga system at their own pace, with individual instruction and hands-on adjustments by the teacher. Poses are added gradually to ensure a safe yet challenging experience. Students new to Ashtanga are not expected to know the sequence. It is an all-levels class and beginners are welcome. Poses will be added gradually according to ability and commitment. This allows for a deeper connection to develop between teacher, student, and the practice. As a new student, one is introduced to postures one at a time. An on-going student finds an opportunity to refine the practice and gain the ability to move efficiently through the practice without being led verbally by a teacher.
- Talking is kept to a very minimum to better synchronize movement with breath and concentration.
- The teacher may offer additions to or corrections of the postures and the vinyasa.
- The teacher may stop the student’s practice if the teacher feels the student cannot proceed safely to the next asana, at which point the student moves to closing postures.
- Modifications are allowed and offered at the discretion of the teacher.
- Make sure the teacher knows about specific injuries or special medical conditions.
- Bring a small hand towel and try to have everything you need at your mat.
- Don’t eat before class.
- Hydrate before class and not during, consuming water during class decreases the internal heat the the practice is meant to generate.
- Please arrive with a clean body, mat and clothing. Traditionally, students bathe before and after class.
If you are new to the Mysore style of practice we request that you buy a “new student” Mysore pass. This pass will allow you to come to all Mysore classes for an entire month, as well as the Sunday led class, for only $99. Mysore style Ashtanga Yoga is not a practice that can be learned by coming to class only once a week, so we highly encourage students to take advantage of this style of practice and attend class no fewer than 3 times a week.
The greatest benefit is achieved through consistent and dedicated practice.